What do you need in order to buy an NFT?
To buy NFTs, you'll need to set up a crypto wallet. A crypto wallet is a program that stores your NFTs and cryptocurrency. Not all wallets store NFTs, and not all wallets support all blockchains, so make sure your wallet is compatible. A few of the most popular wallets include:
How to buy an NFT
Once you've found an NFT you like, how do you actually purchase it?
NFTs listed "buy now" are listed at a set price. They can be purchased any time during the sale period and without any additional involvement from the seller. This is the simplest method and is a lot like buying on other e-commerce websites.
The purchase process: A step-by-step guide
Let's walk through how to buy an NFT.
- As we discussed above, there are multiple ways to buy an NFT. For this example, we'll buy an NFT that's listed for sale by clicking the "Buy now" button.
- Connect your crypto wallet. If you haven't already connected and set up your crypto wallet, you'll be prompted to do so during this step.
- Choose your payment method. Next, you'll need to load your wallet with "MATIC" cryptocurrency.
- Review fees. You may notice that your total is higher than the listed price for that NFT. This is due to network ("gas") fees and, if you're paying with a card, processing fees. The gas fee occurs on all transactions on the blockchain, and the amount varies based on a variety of factors, such as how many people are using the network at that moment. CrunkSpot does not receive these fees. Learn more about gas fees here.
- Enter your payment information. Follow the prompts and enter your information to complete your purchase.
- Your purchase is complete! Once you've entered all your necessary information and clicked "Pay", your NFT purchase is officially complete and has been written to the blockchain. Congratulations on your NFT purchase!
- Check out your newest NFT. After a few seconds, your brand new NFT should be visible in your collection. You'll be able to see your new NFT in your CrunkSpot profile!